Working conditions and well-being
- Ensure good and safe working conditions for factory workers at all our Tier 1 suppliers in close collaboration with them.
- Stanley/Stella (HQ and local liaison offices): strengthen employee engagement through a stimulating environment and attractive conditions.
- Partnership and common commitment with Tier 1 suppliers:
- Establishment of a local liaison team (30 people) for close collaboration with suppliers.
- Adherence of suppliers to the Stanley/Stella Code of Conduct, in line with the principles of the United Nations’ International Labour Organization.
- Supplier audits in line with our FWF membership.
- Constant monitoring and follow-up by the local liaison team for continuous improvement at Tier 1 suppliers and the majority of Tier 2 suppliers.
- Actions at Stanley/Stella HQ and local liaison offices:
- Friendly workplace environment which reinforces team spirit and well-being.
- Range of attractive benefits.
- Reinforce our supplier onboarding, appraisal system, monitoring, and Corrective Action Plans in line with Human Rights Due Diligence (HRDD) principles.
- Reinforce social aspects (with a focus on worker conditions) in risk assessment activities for our diversification and growth strategy, both at global and local level.
- Extend HRDD further upstream in our supply chain.
- Actions at Stanley/Stella HQ:
- Task force on work life balance and flexible working policy.
- Reinforce people development through on-the-job and external training.
Community engagement and impact
- Fair remuneration: strive to provide factory workers at our Tier 1 suppliers with a living wage.
- Education: promote professional and personal development through training and local cooperation.
- Directly support projects in local communities.
Completed or ongoing actions :
- Fair remuneration:
- Stanley /Stella top management commitment and ownership to advocate for living wage in partner factories.
- First analysis of wage gap at Tier 1 suppliers.
- Introduction of FWF’s Fair Price app to facilitate fact-based costing by suppliers.
- Implementation of FWF’s Workplace Education Program (WEP)
- Projects contributing to local communities:
- Fair Priced Grocery Shops in Bangladesh
- Solar-powered water pump in India
- Fair remuneration:
- Develop a strategy and roadmap to contribute to a living wage in our partner factories.
- Expand the use of the Fair Price app to all our suppliers to better align purchasing practices.
- Initiate a pilot project on factory efficiency improvements to directly contribute to higher worker remuneration.
- Continue to provide alternative solutions that directly benefit workers’ living standards, e.g. subsidised grocery stores.
- Stanley/Stella Fund: develop a coordinated, consistent approach to supporting projects for local communities.
Diversity, inclusion and equity
- Build an inclusive company providing equal opportunities to all
- More than 25 different nationalities working at Stanley/Stella.
- Increased diversity in images used in marketing communication.
- Develop a policy and reporting process to ensure equity in terms of remuneration, promotion, etc.