- Our involvement in Fashion Revolution Week 2022: actions to increase living wages
- WHO MADE YOUR CLOTHES?
- World Soil Day: how Stanley/Stella takes biodegradability seriously
- The Grocery Shop Project – our way of improving workers' livelihoods
- We are certified : From the field to our network of GOTS certified dealers
Stanley/Stella ranked leader in sustainable materials sourcing
SustainabilityStanley/Stella has been ranked in the top 16 leading brands in the world for sustainable material sourcing by international authority, the Textile Exchange in their Material Change Index, released on 23 January 2020.
We are very proud to be ranked in the leader category alongside some major fashion and textile industry leaders. This ranking underlines how committed we are to driving positive change in the textile industry.
From the beginning our mission has been to produce premium contemporary garments in a more responsible and ethical way, with the respect for the planet and its people. From day one we chose not to use conventional cotton but only to work with 100% organic cotton in our range of t-shirts and sweatshirts. Today, 95% of the company’s production is certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS). GOTS is a stringent certification body that guarantees the traceability of organic cotton from the field to the finished garment. For the remaining 5% of the collection, Stanley/Stella uses natural materials such as Tencel™, Modal and linen, and recycled polyester.
These responsible choices result in a positive impact on the planet and its people, notably:
- The avoidance of pesticides, insecticides and chemical fertilizers which leads to cleaner and healthier soil, water, flora and fauna;
- The health of cotton farmers and their communities is respected and protected;
- The promotion of crop rotation and biodiversity;
- A reduction in water consumption. Organic cotton cultivation requires 91% less water than conventional cotton.
To find out more about our environmental and social practices, read our Social Report 2019.
Join us in our mission
At Stanley/Stella, we are continuously working to soften our environmental impact and deepen our social commitments, from the production of our cotton to our finalised, decorated garments. But we can’t do it alone. Why not join us?
You’re a dealer interested in finding out more about GOTS certification
You’re looking for an end-to-end certified printed garment, we’ll match you with a certified decoration specialist in your area.