Cookies and similar technologies do not allow us to systematically collect data that enable us to identify the users of our website. They only allow us to improve our Website, to better understand the interests of our users, and to measure the effectiveness of the content of our website.
2. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
3. TYPES OF COOKIES
There are different categories of Cookies, based on their source, function and the time they are used.
First party cookies are cookies set by a website visited by the user i.e. the website displayed in the address bar. (e.g. cookies placed by www.stanleystella.com if you use first party cookies)
Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than the one being visited by the user. In case a user visits a website and a third party sets a cookie through that website, such cookie is considered a third party cookie (e.g. cookies set by Google, Twitter and Facebook).
Functional cookies are cookies that ensure the proper functioning of the website (e.g. cookies for log-in or registration, language preferences). Functional cookies are mostly considered first party cookies.
Non-functional cookies are cookies that can be set for statistical, social, behavioral, targeting and commercial purposes. They do not serve the mere technical support of the website.
· - Cookies with statistical purposes allow us to check which pages of the website you visit, where your computer is localized etc.
· - Cookies with social purposes allow the user to share the content of the visited website through social media with others.
· - Cookies with behavioral purposes allow to analyze the behavior of users in order to enhance the experience of the user and the navigation.
· - Cookies with targeting purposes allow creating a specific profile for you based on your surfing history to make advertisements more relevant for you.
· - Cookies with commercial purposes keep track of how many and which advertisements were displayed to a user.
· Non-functional cookies can be first party or third party cookies.
Persistent cookies remain stored on a user’s device after the end of a browsing session. The cookies are activated each time the user visits the website that sets the cookie (e.g. cookies set by social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Google Analytics etc.). Most non-functional cookies are persistent cookies.
Session cookies allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browsing session. A browsing session starts when a user opens the browser screen and ends when he closes the browser screen. Session cookies are only set temporarily. When you close the browser, the cookies will be removed. Most functional cookies are session cookies.
4. YOUR PERMISSION
5. CHANGING YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS
We would like to point out that web browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings can generally be found in the menu ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ of your web browser. In order to better understand these settings, you may wish to read the information available through the following links. If you need additional information, you can consult the ‘Help’ function in your web browser.
• Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
• Cookie settings in Firefox
• Cookie settings in Chrome
• Cookie settings in Safari
6. MORE INFORMATION ON COOKIES
Information on cookies: More information on cookies is available through the following link: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Internet Advertising Industry: The internet advertising industry drafted a guide to online behavioural advertising and online privacy that you can find on: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
7. WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE AT WWW.STANLEYSTELLA.COM?
For cookies set by third parties (incl. Google Analytics), we kindly refer to the statements set forth by such parties on their respective websites. Please note that we do not have any influence on the content of these statements nor on the content of the cookies set by such third parties.